Saturday, January 23, 2010
Now that I am back in Netherlands I miss the great food in Italy. Yes, the last time I was there was during my 2-week Christmas holiday and of course the food trip was at the maximum level. One of them that I cannot really forget and I want to learn to do alone is the "Pasticcio di Carne". It was really yummy and I also like the way it was presented and the way it was prepared. I want to do my own pasticcio di carne soon, but naturally, the preparation takes alot of time, especially that I don't even know yet how to make a dough!
The prepation consists of the following:
1. Preparing/cutting the desired meat (beef)cuts/slices
2. Peeling and slicing the potatoes
3. Preparing the spices: garlic, onion, celery, etc.
4. Preparing the dough (a real challenge for me)
5. Mixing ready ingredients in numbers 1,2 & 3 above (before starting number 4 is better): meat cuts, potato cuts, spices
6. Add salt or seasoning and of course, olive oil to the mix and letting them aside until the dough is ready